Tuesday, September 15, 2009

and there are times when you don't run

i've never liked that idea of saying "i was going to do a run this morning but . . ." very very very very rarely do i ever say this. in fact i think i go to far to the other extreme. i probably run when i shouldn't. a few examples:
---12:00 at night in the l.a. airport
---the last mile of a 5k after i had broken my foot
---during a really bad wind/rain/thunder storm
---going off of little sleep
---at a really busy camp
---during my i.t. band issues
---achilles tendinitis ordeal
---an ice storm where there was a foot of snow with an inch of ice over the top of it

most of the times i get looks, laughs, proclamations that i am stupid. but maybe it is my stupidity that pushes me ever forward in this mad ordeal.

however, there will be no running today, or tomorrow, or the next day, though my schedule tells me otherwise. and the reason is MY DAUGHTER GRACIE HAS BEEN BORNE!!!! this morning at 5:05, she came into this world.

sorry running, there are some things that are more important. but i'll see you again soon. don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment