Sunday, September 27, 2009

early morning animals

gracie woke us up at 5:20 this morning. i asked my wife if she would wake me up after the feeding. at 5:40 she tapped my shoulder. by 6:10 i was running. still mostly dark with the exception of a faint white light low in the sky. it was cold too. which means i got to wear my new long sleeve skin hugging shirt i picked up at the outlet stores in august but have only worn once since. i love the way it compresses my body and the way the cold wind feels on me. makes me feel faster. it's like a second skin but spiderman like and trimmer. it also stinks like my skin when i wear it. i had another one that i would wear all the time in the winter months. my wife bought all sorts of detergents to rid the stink from it but even the special one she found on the internet 'guaranteed to get rid of the worst sport stink' couldn't defeat it. i finally ended up cutting the arms off of it.

it was dark for about 40 minutes of my 56 minute run. what i thought was a opossum turned out to be a cat. what i thought was a cat ended up being a raccoon (and this right on a main street clawing at the sidewalk). and two rabbits, one black with white spots, the other all black caught me unawares at the park.

fairly easy effort wise. went longer than typical too. i figured since i was up, i should put in more. will help me to sleep in on another day when i can.

spent some time praying over the course of the first two miles. took up the challenge presented last night at service. to pray that i would know my mission. that GOD would use me to impact people for HIM. that HE would use this thing called running to bring HIM glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment