Tuesday, October 13, 2009

1 mile + 1 mile = 20 miles

7 miles . . .

my wife was very nice to me last night. she let me go to sleep at 9:30. and she got gracie ready for bed. that means i didn't have to wake up until her 3:30 feeding. then she woke up again at 5:00. i was up with her for about 45 minutes off and on. the next thing i knew it was 7:30. how amazing!!

i do feel better but still not one hundred percent. i think this first month with the baby are really starting to wear on me. or it's the more miles. or it's the more intensity. or it's the whole iron diffeciency that i've been reading about. there are just too many factors. what i do know is that i've been feeling dizzy, weak, tired, irratable, and my wife keeps telling me that i look pale.

all this stacked one on top of the other, caused me to put in a shorter run than originally planned. the first half of this run was just pure effort. it was death. i hate it when 2 miles feels like 20. but then i found my zone. despite all of that. despite the cold and the rain and everything, i found my happy place in running and just ran. then it came easy. then the easy pace was an easy pace.

i actually thought that it would be worse today than it actually was. i was just too tired to do my yoga last night. i felt tight everywhere going to bed. i stretched as best i could before my run. and then after the run, i worked them out with the stick. primary place of pain, right hip flexor. i found the money spot and jammed it hard with the stick. it was a pleasant pain.

should be interesting to see how tomorrow's longer run goes. i'm hoping to put in 13 but would be happy with anything over 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment