Friday, October 30, 2009

ten is the new six

10.1 miles . . .

there are no more six mile runs. ten is the new six. but what is strange is that this ten felt like the good old six. funny how the body responds so well to stress. things warmed up again. it always takes me awhile to catch on to these things. i waaaaaay overdressed today. two pairs of gloves, my hat, pants, and long sleeve nike dri-fit. i ended up taking off my hat and stuffing it in the back of my pants. this was a workable solution until the constant jarring and pounding caused the hat to slip down all the way. it felt like i was running with a diaper on. and naturally this would happen on the most crowded street i ran on today. but i have long since lost all shame when i run. everywhere from short shorts to blowing snot rockets to stinking. i dug my hand down the back of my pants and grabbed the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment