Tuesday, October 6, 2009

icy hand of death

four hour of sleep in a row last night. when gracie cried me awake at 6:00, i felt surprisingly rejuvinated. i had a sore throat starting yesterday afternoon and continued through the night. but once i started running, i pretty much dissapeared. it since has returned slightly, not nearly as bad. also a general stuffiness. i'm going to beat this thing.

another cold clear morning. wore my pants, hat, two long sleeve shirts, and two pairs of gloves. finally wore my north face fleece ones for the first time this season. i thought that it was enough. but in last 5 miles of this 13 mile run, my left hand began to get really cold. in fact, the last 5 miles everything seemed to fall apart. i was struggling to keep pace, every movement was an effort. i thought that's how the whole run would be after yesterday's tough workout. but the first 8 was fairly effortless. i did notice my legs didn't want to cooperate when i made some steeper turns, but other than that it was beautiful.

really hungry when i stopped. my stomach was actually grumbling. i think i could have used a couple of my shot bloks before the run.

there was one tiny break in all of this. somewhere around the fourth mile, i turned a corner and the air was suddenly warmer for about ten seconds. then right back to cold. strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment