Wednesday, October 7, 2009

how to dress today?

i had a long day yesterday. partying with the credo kids. a great time of worship, talking about our faith, fellowship, and of course catan. didn't get home until 10:00. finally hit the bed around 10:40 but i couldn't sleep right away, which is strange for me. i think what my wife refers to as my 'cold' was keeping me awake. but i can't (as in physically unable) get sick. the nose running is gone, the throat is mostly back to normal, no more coughing. should i confess that i feel a little bit warm/feverish? never!!

speaking of my wife, she let me go to sleep and got gracie ready for bed (usually that's my job). and then gracie slept until 2:00. and then again at 2:30. then i thought, oh no, it's going to be one of those nights. but then christy fed her and she slept until 6:30. i woke up so refreshed. i also had the time to put in a bit longer run then expected--11 miles. this should mean that i can put less in on friday.

for the run i felt strong and in control. the only semi-annoyance was that i overdressed a bit. which in retrospect is better than yesterday when i was miserable for the last bit because i was so cold. i wore a long sleeve shirt under my brooks bright yellow jacket. i think next time i may just wear a short sleeve shirt, that jacket is so warm. stops the harsh winds to bite at your body. i unzipped it a little at around mile 2 and never zipped back up. by the time i got home my shirt was soaking with sweat. i also think i could've done without my hat. it's so hard to tell how to dress for the run until the first 20 minutes or so is passed. but by then it's too late.

unless you wanted to run the first couple miles around your house.

but that would be annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment