Sunday, October 4, 2009

how can one little run . . .

. . . fill you with so much doubt. this morning's eight mile run was not enjoyable. it seemed like a battle to stay on pace, to hit my form, to run pain free. it's one of those runs that you're glad is over.

on a positive note, my hip flexor feels much better. on friday afternoon it started feeling a little tight, not sore but just tight. i noticed it more on my long run yesterday. it affected the length of my stride in my right leg but it wasn't causing pain. it actually felt better as the run went on. last night i really worked it out. shoved the end of the stick (see www.thestick.com) right into my hip until i found the spot. instantly pain shot down my thigh, focusing on my knee, ankle, and bottom of my foot. i love that thing. i think it has prevented so many injuries. also worked out my i.t. band on right leg as it has been feeling tight.

have mixed feelings going into tomorrow. it's going to be a tough workout. i'm tired. this weekend was not relaxing. i need more sleep. my wife says that i am getting sick.

i don't believe her.

i'm invincible.

No comments:

Post a Comment