Monday, November 16, 2009

dearest tights,

why has no one spoken of your wonder to me before? we have only spent these two hours together and yet i feel like we know each other so well. it is like the beginning of a friendship. everything is fresh, everything is new. the hope of our imminent closeness excites me, bringing me to tears. everything about you is amazing. so amazing in fact, that i don't even care who sees me with you. in fact, it's the opposite. i want the whole world to know that we know each other.

you make me feel sleek, skinny, and fast. my legs seem to stride freer, easier, quicker. and so smooth, oh so smooth. all is hugged close, pressed together, compressed into a streamlined aerodynamic insanity. you support, i.t. band and quads and hamstrings and shins and calves.

not that you are some magical mystique that causes all pains disappear. yes it was a tough run at times as all long runs are. yes i felt some minor tightness at times in my left hip flexor because i forgot to work on it last night. you just make it all more pleasant. like sharing a trail with a close friend.

you are so transparent. i can feel the wind, each particle rushing at me. i can feel. as clothing should be, making me connect with my surroundings instead of breaking me off from them. yet at the same time your provide warmth and security. and your wicking power is amazing. when finally we had to depart, you left me dry. where did all that sweat go from such a long run? you will not divulge your secret.

no other pant will compare with you. i have found the pinnacle. and, yes, maybe i look funny. maybe people will stare at me. maybe i have gone too far. but in so doing i have found something amazing.

and there is no going back. i look forward to the next time we unite. in the meantime, rest yourself. there are many miles in your future.

forever and always yours,

rocky

ps 19.44 miles . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment