Wednesday, November 18, 2009

stretch, roll, recover, repeat

10 miles . . .

the wind has died down, the rain is taking a short break, the sky is clear, the sun is large and bright, there is a chill in the air. these could perhaps be my favorite days to run. they are just beautiful.

when thinking about what route to do this morning, for some reason i thought of the trail. the trail that i haven't been on since they started advertising a cougar on it. the sign is gone now. this route is amazing. down the trail. out on a country road. through a running park paradise. a gravel path rarely traveled next to a wide river. back up through commercial st. is really the only annoying part, but there is no way around it.

i struggled today to stay on my 6:44 pace. one idea is that since this route is so out of the way, it could not get as good gps reception. or it could be my motivation. or it could be that i haven't been staying up on my yoga, stretching, and rolling out of my problem areas. two places of particular note: left hip flexor and left inner thigh.

this will be one of my goals for the break. stretching, rolling, recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment