Monday, November 23, 2009

you've been gone for awhile but i don't miss you

0 miles . . .

today marks the fifth day that i haven't run in a row. what scares me is not my fitness level, strength, or anything like that. it's the fact that i haven't missed running at all and the fear that what if i never do. what if, when i start up again, i don't enjoy it? what if i've lost my passion?

this morning is beautiful. rigid and cold but brights, everything glistening. in my mind, the perfect day for a morning run. this thought came to me, but without any yearning. i thought that these five days would be a hard thing for me to do, that i would be trying to sneak in a run while no one was looking. but that has not been the case.

we shall see what happens tomorrow. for whether i want to or not, i will run.

i am so fickle in my feelings towards my mistress known as running.

No comments:

Post a Comment