Thursday, November 26, 2009

one hundred percent

9 miles . . .

today i am back and better than ever. i feel my strength, speed, and endurance completely back but with even something more. it's like these six days rest was a pushing of a reset button on all of my minor aches and tightness that never quite escalates to an injury so you just run through it. you stretch, roll, ice as much as you can but still they slowly persist. on this run, they were all gone. i ran completely pain free and hit my 6:44 pace early on and never went over it.

a slight misty mixed rain slowly descended unending upon me throughout the entire run, like running through a thick wet fog. grey skies overtook the sun just before i started. i caught a slim glimpse of it standing on my deck judging the temperature. its edges were softened by the cloud covered sky. it was incredible. i was hoping it would stick around for a bit during my run. no such luck.

already my wife has made these amazing cinnamon roll type creations of moist dough, sugar, and butter. my goal is to eat no sweets for the day.

let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment