Wednesday, November 4, 2009

a little less grand

13.35 miles . . .

gracie woke me up later today so i had to cut things a little short. still really cold even though the sun was shinning down. no fog today.

i felt great for the first part of the run. it was those last 3-4 miles or so that i started to feel a bit of a burn. mainly in my hips, gluets, and upper hamstrings. it was uphill at this point. it wasn't super hard but the effortlessness from yesterday didn't carry over.

i made it back home still under pace and feeling great. another beautiful surge of runner's high through breakfast and shower.

just seems like today was a less grand version of yesterday but still enjoyable. like a sequel that didn't quite measure up to the original but still better than howard the duck (in this analogy howard the duck being last week's hard running).

after credo last night, i found that my blood test had been mailed. i opened it up curious to see the ferritin result. my number was 30. a friend at church told me that i should shoot for somewhere around 70. so i'll keep taking those iron pills. maybe get my blood tested in a few months from now. i wonder if i'll notice a difference in my training?

in other health news . . . i scheduled my vasectomy (which from here on out i will refer to my strip 'n snip or with the shortened acronym sns). next thursday is the initial visit. this is where i will ask the doctor the only question i have for him: when can i run again? then a week from that visit is the procedure. it is actually coming at a great time, if there ever is a great time for an sns. i will be done with the elite gold program from mr. daniels. and though i will be starting up the marathon base training, i think that i can afford a week off this early. especially since i have been faithfully building my base through the fall. if i can just relax and trust that this break is good for my muscles, i should be fine. it's hard for me to see how not running could possibly be good for my running, but apparently it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment