Wednesday, November 25, 2009

working out the bugs

4.4 miles . . .

woke up a little tender but not swollen in 'the area.' took some ibuprofen, slid into my tights, and hit the streets. today was that beautiful day that i dream of. crisp, foggy, blue sky. mmmmm.

the first mile felt really awkward and rusty. but i wasn't worried about my pace. hung around 7:10's or so. and i just ran. freedom. peace. all of those worries from a few days ago about losing my love for my mistress vanished on this run.

and then something strange . . .

every block or so, my pace kept creeping faster and faster without my really trying. things loosened up. i fell into my old pace from two weeks ago and hung there easily. 6:49. and then it began to creep lower. in the final half mile, i was at 6:46 a mere 2 seconds from my pace before the surgery.

so i pushed a little. and right before the 4.4 my watch read 6:44. excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment