Monday, November 16, 2009

wall of wind

15.6 miles . . .

downhill from my house with a crazy tailwind behind pushing me further and further down into insanely fast times. but it wasn't a cold wind and there was no rain to go with it, so at least i wasn't miserable. a beautiful run around the park, over the river. but then i started getting nervous. my average kept creeping closer and closer second by second to 6:44 and i hadn't even started back uphill or into the wind. this was going to be interesting.

i finally turned the corner and it was like running into a wall of wind. it became anaerobic. it was a battle, a fight, a push. at times it would calm slightly but just as i hit the biggest, longest, steepest hill of the lot a huge gust fell upon me and i had the sensation that although my body was moving i wasn't going anywhere. like being on a treadmill. this passed after a few seconds but didn't die down completely. i ended up hitting an average of 6:42, which really shocked me when it was all said and done.

i might just be ready for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment